[torqueusers] How to rip out user validation?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jun 23 13:13:33 MDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:17:31AM -0700, Michael Jennings alleged:
> On Wednesday, 23 June 2010, at 11:04:45 (-0700),
> Garrick Staples wrote:
>
> > But I do maintain that ripping out all security is stupid, and he
> > kept defending the idea.
>
> I would submit that there's a difference between ignorance and
> stupidity.  Maybe he hasn't fully realized the implications of what
> he's suggesting.

And there is a difference between calling him stupid and calling the idea
stupid.

I only apologise for my bad manners, not for my points.

> Given that he's clearly not the only one who's had issues with the
> ruserok() code, perhaps it would be useful to gain a more complete
> understanding of what he's trying to do and what his current solution
> is.  Perhaps there's a better way of accomplishing his goals, or maybe
> there's some important piece of information being missed in all this.

Certainly. If there is a problem, then it should be fixed.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!