[torqueusers] How to rip out user validation?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jun 23 11:13:10 MDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 09:58:24AM -0700, matthew devney alleged:
> Yes.  That would make my job as a cluster admin a lot easier and have
> no security implications whatsoever.
>
> Clusters are expensive and people who don't get to use one, usually
> don't have access to one.  Only 5 people have access to my clusters,
> and they all know what they're doing.  I feel sure my setup is not
> uncommon.

Basic rhosts security is very easy to setup. But if you want to rip out all
security, go head, torque is open source and you can do whatever you want.

Don't expect us to add a --enable-matthew-devney-brain-dead-security option.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!