[torqueusers] Ulimit Help

Chris Vaughan chris at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Jun 21 04:44:30 MDT 2010

Thanks Rishi,

We added " ulimit -u unlimited" to the pbs_mom start stop scripts and that has appeared to resolve the issues.

Best Regards,

Hi Chris,
We faced the same problem with 2.3.6. It seemed like on pbs_mom startup at system boot did'nt inherited limits from /etc/security/limits.conf. We verified this by submitting a interactive job and listing the limits using ulimit -a. Subsequent restart of pbs_mom(w/o reboot) comes up with defined limits. We observed that ssh login for a user shows the correct limits for the node in question. Next what we tried was to make pbs_mom start after sshd, but the results were same.