[torqueusers] Ulimit Help

rishi pathak mailmaverick666 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 01:34:46 MDT 2010

Hi Chris,
              We faced the same problem with 2.3.6. It seemed like on
pbs_mom startup at system boot did'nt inherited limits from
/etc/security/limits.conf. We verified this by submitting a interactive job
and listing the limits using ulimit -a. Subsequent restart of pbs_mom(w/o
reboot) comes up with defined limits. We observed that ssh login for a user
shows the correct limits for the node in question. Next what we tried was to
make pbs_mom start after sshd, but the results were same.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Chris Vaughan
<chris at adaptivecomputing.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a customer with the following error with ulimits for the job not
> being unlimited, does anyone know how to resolve this?  Do I need to have
> this set when pbs_server and pbs_mom starts?
>

> Thanks,
>

> We've been having problems running Fluent software at our site. It works
> well when running interactively, but it give errors(see attached error
> file), when running it in a queue. You'll see in the file attached, it
> complains about 'locked down' memory, which it tries to use for MPI which is
> using locked memory for Infiniband communications. The
> /etc/security/limits.conf file on all nodes reads
>
> @ *            hard    memlock         unlimited
> @ *            soft    memlock         unlimited
>

> --
>
> *Chris Vaughan*  |  Technical Consultant - EMEA
>
> Adaptive Computing | Mobile: +44 7800 973062 | Office: +44 1483 243578
>
> 3000 Cathedral Hill | Guildford GU2 7YB  |  United Kingdom

Regards--
Rishi Pathak
National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
Center for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC)
Pune University Campus,Ganesh Khind Road
Pune-Maharastra