[torqueusers] ulimit in prologue

R. David david at unistra.fr
Sat Jun 19 13:46:27 MDT 2010

Nicolas Ferré a écrit :
> Unfortunately, modifying the limit in .bashrc does not work. It simply
> seems the .bashrc file is not sourced on the computing node. Actually,
> in our cluster, a user shares its home directory between the login
> node and the computing nodes through NFS.
> I also tried to modify the mom_priv/config on a computing node, adding
> something like !ulimit -l unlimited, but no way (after having restart
> pbs_mom). About limits.conf, I already noticed it does not work.
>
> Any other idea?
>
> Nicolas Ferre'
> Laboratoire Chimie Provence
> Universite' de Provence

Hello,

I did both :
- adding
* soft memlock unlimited
* hard memlock unlimited
to /etc/security/limits.conf

- adding ulimit -l unlimited  in the pbs_mom init.d file

and I have no more problems with mpi jobs.

Does it work for you ?

   Regards,
   R. David - david at unistra.fr
   Responsable du département Expertise pour la Recherche
   UdS / Direction Informatique
   Tel. : 03 68 85 45 48  (Fax 45 47)