[torqueusers] ulimit in prologue

Lawrence Lowe L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk
Sat Jun 19 04:45:29 MDT 2010

> The "ulimit -l unlimited" I've put in torque prologue is ignored. Is
> there any reason for that ?

hi, I guess the reason is that a ulimit is set for a process, and
inherited by its daughter processes, but the user job is run as a
different process and not a daughter of the prologue :-)

Another thing to look at maybe (apart from the pbs_mom startup script) is
/etc/security/limits.conf (and limits.d/*) if you have that on your
system. Can't say I've tried it myself though.

Lawrence Lowe

Tel: 0121 414 4621    Fax: 0121 414 6709    Email: L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk