[torqueusers] Prologue script problem

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Fri Jun 18 10:31:09 MDT 2010

Greetings,

   I¹m having an issue with torque running a prologue script. The script
takes the standard torque arguments, and then runs a few accounting commands
(using Gold).

    The script is written in perl, and does not have an issue whatsoever if
I run the command from the commandline, a la: ./prologue.pl 1 username  3 4
5 groupname 6

What I¹m doing is setting the output of a system command to a variable in
perl. Running from the commandline, everything works, submitting the job via
qsub spits out errors related to my script. Here is the block of the script
that is causing me problems (used to be a lil cleaner, but with debugging,
I¹ve changed just about every line twice):

sub check_account {

        $user = @_[0];
        $account = @_[1];
        print "Account Arg: $account\n";
        foreach my $i (@_){
                print "Arg: $i \n";
        }

        print "Account List: ".`glsproject -p $account --show Users
--quiet`."\n";
   ### ^^^ Done to show the command is working; doesn¹t work in torque
        my $account_list = `glsproject -p $account --show Users --quiet`;
     ### ^^^ when run as a prologue script in torque, this does not get set
        my @user_list=split(/,/,$account_list);

After this, I using array grepping, and then I submit another command, but
that isn¹t the problem.

Any thoughts?

Steve Crusan
System Administrator