[torqueusers] Ulimit Help

Chris Vaughan chris at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Jun 18 07:05:26 MDT 2010

Hi,

I have a customer with the following error with ulimits for the job not being unlimited, does anyone know how to resolve this? Do I need to have this set when pbs_server and pbs_mom starts?

Thanks,

We've been having problems running Fluent software at our site. It works well when running interactively, but it give errors(see attached error file), when running it in a queue. You'll see in the file attached, it complains about 'locked down' memory, which it tries to use for MPI which is using locked memory for Infiniband communications. The /etc/security/limits.conf file on all nodes reads

@ * hard memlock unlimited
@ * soft memlock unlimited

--

Chris Vaughan | Technical Consultant - EMEA

Adaptive Computing | Mobile: +44 7800 973062 | Office: +44 1483 243578

3000 Cathedral Hill | Guildford GU2 7YB | United Kingdom