[torqueusers] torque does not kill jobs when wall_time or cpu_time reached

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:14:55 MDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 5:37 PM, David Singleton
<David.Singleton at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> If procs is going to mean processors/cpus then I would suggest there needs
> to be a lot of code added to align nodes and procs - they are specifying
> the same thing.

Moab treats them the same if you do not specify ppn with your nodes
request, however TORQUE is pretty much unaware of what -l procs=X
means - it just passes the info along to Moab. I would like to see
procs become a real torque resource that means give me X total
processors on anywhere from 1 to X nodes.