[torqueusers] torque does not kill jobs when wall_time or cpu_time reached

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Jun 4 14:02:02 MDT 2010

----- Original Message -----

> There was a very good reason, see
> http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2010-January/009852.html
>
> It has been a while, but we got severely bitten by the torque
> behaviour
> to use resources_max.xyz as defaults. This is roughly what happened:

Additionally, I asked about changing this behavior before changing it, and no one objected, although several people pointed out that this had also caused problems for them. If you would like the old behavior, you can configure TORQUE with the --enable-maxdefault option and things will be as they were.

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing