[torqueusers] torque does not kill jobs when wall_time or cpu_time reached

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Fri Jun 4 07:36:06 MDT 2010

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 13:30:59 +0200
Mgr. Šimon Tóth wrote:

Hi Simon,

> > 1.-) correct a bug in  src/include/pbs_config.h.in
> >  RESOURCEMAXDEFAULT insted of  RESOURCEMAXNOTDEFAULT
> > 2.- ) enable --enable-maxdefault at configure time
> >

> > and doc should be updated.
>
> That wouldn't make much sense. Max is max for submit and that's the
> way it should be. The problem is that server doesn't reject jobs with
> infinite requirements when the max is set.

I don't know if I've understood you, but I think we agree :-)

If a max or default is set at queue level, all jobs from that queue
should take those values by default. are you saying so?

I'd like to hear some devel opinion on that, I'm sure there must be a
good reason for changing previous (2.3) behaviour.

Cheers,
Arnau