[torqueusers] Limit number of users running jobs simultaneously?

Brad Cavanagh brad.cavanagh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 17:17:24 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Gabe Turner <gabe at msi.umn.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 05:52:32PM -0500, Gabe Turner wrote:
>> We actually do do this (as terrible an idea as it may be) using the
>> submission filter (see the Torque docs about how to enable the filter).
>> It's pretty simple, but effective:
>
> Of course, even after readon your emails and Garrick's emails, I _still_
> didn't grok things.  Now I see you don't want to limit number of jobs
> submitted.

...but I could do what I want through a submission filter that greps
through qstat. It'd be hacky, but it could probably work.

> In any case, you can do what you want using Maui or Moab.  See info about
> 'USERCFG[DEFAULT] MAXJOB' in the corresponding docs.

Righto, thanks.

We might just end up getting more user licenses anyhow, putting the
number of user licenses higher than the number of users, which means I
wouldn't have to worry about this at all. That is probably the easiest
route for me, but the hardest route for whoever pays for those things
here. :-)

Cheers,
 Brad.