[torqueusers] Limit number of users running jobs simultaneously?

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Thu Jun 3 16:55:20 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 05:52:32PM -0500, Gabe Turner wrote:
> We actually do do this (as terrible an idea as it may be) using the
> submission filter (see the Torque docs about how to enable the filter).
> It's pretty simple, but effective:

Of course, even after readon your emails and Garrick's emails, I _still_
didn't grok things.  Now I see you don't want to limit number of jobs
submitted.

In any case, you can do what you want using Maui or Moab.  See info about
'USERCFG[DEFAULT] MAXJOB' in the corresponding docs.

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota
Supercomputing Institute                          http://www.msi.umn.edu