[torqueusers] Limit number of users running jobs simultaneously?

Brad Cavanagh brad.cavanagh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 12:53:04 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 11:45:18AM -0700, Brad Cavanagh alleged:
>> Is there a way to limit the number of users running jobs for a given
>> queue? One of our software packages has a license where only two users
>
> set queue <queuename> max_running = X
>
> You didn't even try :(

That only limits the number of jobs that can be running at one time.
It doesn't limit the number of users that can be running jobs at one
time.

Like I said, users can submit an unlimited number of jobs to the
queue. However, only two users can have jobs running at one time. One
user can have one job running and the other can have 351, but I can't
have three users running jobs at one time, but a third user could have
jobs waiting in the queue.

Cheers,
 Brad.