[torqueusers] Limit number of users running jobs simultaneously?

Brad Cavanagh brad.cavanagh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 12:45:18 MDT 2010

Is there a way to limit the number of users running jobs for a given
queue? One of our software packages has a license where only two users
are allowed to use it simultaneously. Unfortunately there's no license
server and it's up to the system administrator to enforce this. Is
there any way to do this with Torque? I'm running Torque 2.4.8 with
Maui 3.3.

It shouldn't matter how many users have jobs idle/blocked, as long as
only two users have jobs running in this queue at one time. They're
also allowed unlimited jobs.

If it can't be done with Torque but can with Maui, that'd be good to
know too, and I'll go bug the mauiusers mailing list if that's the
case. :-)

Cheers,
 Brad.