[torqueusers] Question about the difference between a node where pbs_server is run and a compute node

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Jun 2 07:54:04 MDT 2010

On 06/02/2010 12:10 AM, Bas van der Vlies wrote:

>> Bas,
>>
>> I finally ran your program and it ran successfully for me. I am running
>> against the 2.4-fixes branch.
>>

> Ken,
>
>    Just to be clear.  You did run the C-example and a qstat at the same time
> and did not experience a hang till the C-program has finished?
>
> Another question is this the 2.4.8 version or is the version with the fixes
> not yet released?
>
> regards

Bas,

Originally, I ran on the 2.4-fixes code which will be the 2.4.9
eventually. But I installed the 2.4.8 code and ran that as well with no
problem.

I run the C program and then do a qstat. The qstat finishes immediately.
In fact I can run several qstats without any problem.

What other factors may be involved?

Ken