[torqueusers] Timestamps in account logs

David Chin chindw at wfu.edu
Wed Jul 28 14:16:50 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 14:51, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> Sure, the function is log_record() in src/lib/Liblog/pbs_log.c. You can change
> it to whatever you like.

OK: I can change the private copy I run. But it is a larger issue, I
think: On the day when the switch from Daylight Savings to Standard
Time occurs, the hour between 1am and 2am is replayed. So, there is no
nice way to infer the correct chronological ordering if multiple log
events for the same job ID occur within that hour. (Unless the etime,
ctime, ?time etc fields in the log entries are the ones that should be
used.) Even including a timezone in the timestamp would be great.

What I'm saying is, I'd like to make this a feature request for a
future version of Torque: That all logging timestamps be in UTC.

Cheers,
    Dave
--
David Chin, Ph.D.