[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.5.1 available

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jul 27 11:23:20 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:33:24AM -0600, Ken Nielson alleged:
> On 07/27/2010 09:47 AM, Garrick Staples wrote:

> >> When making and installing the rpms, there is an error in
> >> /etc/init.d/pbs_server - the 'fi' at the end of the outcommented block
> >> should also be outcommented:
> >>
> > Thanks. This dump typo has cropped up a few times.
> >
> > I've correct it and restored the original behaviour in trunk and 2.5-fixes.
> >
> We are planning to comment out the else of this again, but before we do
> we want to make sure we are all in agreement why doing a -t create in an
> init.d script is problematic. There are also some problems we see in the
> script itself.
>
> PBS_HOME is a hard coded path and does not take into account that the
> user may have used --with-server-home and set the server location to
> somewhere else besides /var/spool/torque. If the user does set the
> server home directory to somewhere besides the default then the check
> "if [ -r $PBS_HOME/server_priv/serverdb ]" will always fail and the -t
> create will always be called, wiping out the users database each time
> they restart.

These scripts are only installed by the rpm and the path is modifed correctly
at build-time. If this is failing, then there is another problem that needs to
be fixed.

If someone has manually installed these scripts, then he/she has to do it
correctly.

> I'm sure the case could be made to use the -t create at init time but
> there should be a warning that you are about to wipe out your
> configuration. However, the safer place to initialize the database is
> with torque.setup during installation.

Easy, automatic creates are nice for people.

How about we just loudly rename any existing file?

University of Southern California

Life is Good!