[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.5.1 available

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Jul 27 10:49:10 MDT 2010

> Is this actually an official/stable release?  If not, what is the latest
> stable release?
>
> -- Regards,
>
> Franky

The convention that has unofficially been agreed to is that the "stable"
branch will be the version previous to the latest. Currently the most
recent 2.4 versions will be considered "stable" versions because they
have been in production use for quite some time plus we will allow only
bug fixes to the 2.4-fixes branch going forward. We do make exceptions
for small enhancements on a case by case basis.

The latest branch is the 2.5 release which is currently at 2.5.1 with a
2.5.2 waiting to be released. The 2.5 branch has some new features such
as job arrays which are not backwards compatible with job arrays from
the 2.4 and 2.3 releases plus other enhancements and features which are
not found in earlier releases. Because these have not been in general
production the 2.5 branch is not considered as stable as the 2.4 branch.

Regards

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing