[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.5.1 available

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Jul 27 10:33:24 MDT 2010

On 07/27/2010 09:47 AM, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 05:09:06PM +0200, torqueusers at calcua.ua.ac.be alleged:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Ken Nielson wrote:
>>

>>> We still were missing some files for Cygwin in the 2.5.0 release. We
>>> have fixed the problems. had the original authors verify the tar ball
>>> and it is now available at
>>> http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-2.5.1.tar.gz
>>>
>> When making and installing the rpms, there is an error in
>> /etc/init.d/pbs_server - the 'fi' at the end of the outcommented block
>> should also be outcommented:
>>
> Thanks. This dump typo has cropped up a few times.
>
> I've correct it and restored the original behaviour in trunk and 2.5-fixes.

We are planning to comment out the else of this again, but before we do
we want to make sure we are all in agreement why doing a -t create in an
init.d script is problematic. There are also some problems we see in the
script itself.

PBS_HOME is a hard coded path and does not take into account that the
user may have used --with-server-home and set the server location to
somewhere else besides /var/spool/torque. If the user does set the
server home directory to somewhere besides the default then the check
"if [ -r $PBS_HOME/server_priv/serverdb ]" will always fail and the -t
create will always be called, wiping out the users database each time
they restart.

I'm sure the case could be made to use the -t create at init time but
there should be a warning that you are about to wipe out your
configuration. However, the safer place to initialize the database is
with torque.setup during installation.

Comments?

Ken