[torqueusers] Intermittent pbs_server connection problems upon upgrading

Nate Coraor nate at psu.edu
Mon Jul 26 10:15:41 MDT 2010

Garrick Staples wrote:
> Obvious place to start is to strace pbs_server and see if it is hanging on anything.

Hi Garrick,

Ah yes, I did do this.  Nothing it was sitting on that I could see.

> But I don't think the problem is with pbs_server because pbs_iff is returning with Connection refused. I'm pretty sure that error is occuring before anything gets to pbs_server.

I suspected load in the pbs_server, but perhaps not - are resources
shared on the client?  This happens more prominently on the submit host
which is running a pretty heavily loaded application which submits and
monitors PBS jobs through pbs_python.

Thanks,
--nate