[torqueusers] diskless

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Wed Jul 21 12:45:15 MDT 2010

Glen Beane wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Joshua Bernstein
> <jbernstein at penguincomputing.com> wrote:
>> Hello Albino,
>>
>> Setting that last parameter shouldn't be problem. We've used it
>> successfully on diskless systems for years, though I haven't yet tested
>> it with 2.5.0.
>
> didn't spool_as_final_name appear in the mid 2.4.x series?  I don't
> think it has been around a real long time.

Okay, perhaps years was an exaggeration, but we have been using it for
at least what seems like years :-)

I think early 2.4.x IIRC, but we had a custom patch that basically did
the same thing. Its a nice thing to have for diskless systems. When a
diskless system reboots the pbs_mom's spool directory generally
vanishes, so spooling to the $CWD works out much better.

-Josh