[torqueusers] 2.3.12 Release

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Jul 21 11:08:39 MDT 2010

Hi all,

TORQUE 2.3.11 has now been officially released. It can be downloaded at http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-2.3.11.tar.gz

Here is a copy of 2.3.11's CHANGELOG:

  b - no longer ignoring fread return values in linux cpuset code (gcc 4.3.3)
  b - fixed segfault for when TORQUE thinks there's a nanny but there isn't
  b - Bugzilla bug 57. Check return value of malloc for tracejob for Linux
      (Chris Samuel - Univ. of Melbourne)
  b - fix so "gres" config gets displayed by pbsnodes
  b - Bugzilla bug 55. Check return value of malloc for pbs_mom for Linux
      (Chris Samuel - Univ. of Melbourne)
  b - no longer consider -t and -T the same in qsub
  c - very rare read of a potentially NULL pointer
  b - properly escape characters (&"'<>) in XML output)
  b - ignore port when checking host in svr_get_privilege()

We are ramping down on the 2.3.* series. We will still fix critical bugs, but we will continue to not add any new features nor enhancements, and we encourage all to move up to either 2.4.9 or 2.5.0

David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing