[torqueusers] DRMAA Native Specification

Scott Wilson scott at epistemy.com
Tue Jul 20 06:58:30 MDT 2010

Hello all,
Am I getting the wrong end of the stick with the DRMAA Native Specification attribute? I can submit jobs to TORQUE quite cheerfully with DRMAA, unless I want to set any options that aren't part of the DRMAA specification, like choosing a queue or using more than one node. To do that, AFAIK, you use the native specification or the job category attribute. The latter requires the admin to set things up, but the former provides a string that is passed through to the underlying DRM. I presumed that this uses the same format as the command line options for qsub, but it doesn't seem to be working (see example below) - the job submits fine, but all the options in the native specification are ignored. Is it using a different format?

Regards,
Scott

> session.init("");
> JobTemplate job = session.createJobTemplate();
> job.setRemoteCommand("/bin/sleep");
> List<String> arguments = new LinkedList<String>();
> arguments.add("30");
> job.setArgs(arguments);
> job.setJobName("DRMAATest");
> job.setBlockEmail(true);
> job.setNativeSpecification("-q workqueue -l nodes=2:ppn=4");
>
> String jobIdentifier = session.runJob(job);

Scott Wilson
Developer
Epistemy
Energy Academy
Riccarton
EH14 4AS

tel: +44 131 564 0232
Scott.Wilson at epistemy.com
http://www.epistemy.com/
Epistemy Limited is a company registered in Scotland, number SC365481.
Registered office: Epistemy Limited c/o Technology and Research Services, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS