[torqueusers] Why does torque require pbs_mom/pbs_server be run as root?

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Thu Jul 15 14:32:16 MDT 2010

>> Why in the world would you need to run the daemon as user?
>>
> Because not everyone in the world has root access, perhaps?

Just to put you into perspective.

If you have machine dedicated to yourself and still don't have root
access, then it is a politic problem and no technical solution can solve
politic problems.

If you are trying to run this on a machine that is not yours, then (at
least in our environment) you would have both the sysadmins and the
security team in your office very soon demanding explanation why are you
running a software that allows third party access to the machine.

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth