[torqueusers] Torque 2.5.0 beta on Cygwin

Felix Wolfheimer f.wolfheimer at online.de
Wed Jul 14 10:01:10 MDT 2010

Dear Igor,

thanks for your reply, and your suggestions. I'm currently on vacation
until end of this week and, thus, I have no access to the machines in my
company which I would like to put under control of Torque during the
next days.
I'll come back with a detailed answer next week, when I can try out your
suggestions directly on the system.

Some comments already:
I faced the "Administrator" problem I mentioned before (all user
accounts are assigned to primary group "none") with this version of
Torque:

http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-2.5-beta_0.20100702.tar.gz

which is the official beta of 2.5.0 I think. I looked into the source
code (I love Open Source Software :-)) and the problem occurred in
src/lib/Liblog/chk_file_sec.c. There is a check which tests if the user
account running the program belongs to the group with id 544 which is
the local "Administrators" group. This gave me the idea of checking
the /etc/passwd and /etc/groups files. From what you described about the
mkgroup in Cygwin 1.7 I guess that all users of Cygwin 1.7 will face
this problem somehow.

I'll try the proposed workflow with the LSA registry as soon as I'm back
at the office and then report if this worked.

As mentioned in my first post I plan to use Torque for the management of
user jobs on our Windows cluster (the Linux cluster is already running
smoothly under the control of Torque) which consists of Windows Server
2003 R2 x64 and Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 systems (actually two
clusters). The XP x64 system is just a playground as it is not a
production system. If I can't get it to work there I'll try on one of
the servers.

Best regards

Felix Wolfheimer