[torqueusers] how is the torque renewal scripts supposed to work?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Jul 12 12:18:45 MDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:13:03AM -0400, Alex Rolfe alleged:
> Andreas Davour <davour at pdc.kth.se> writes:
>
> > So that means that maui doesn't talk to the moms, just to the pbs_server,
> > which then talks to the moms?
>
> Correct.  Roughly, pbs_server dumps job and node information to maui and
> maui gives back the prioritized jobs (or job -> node mappings, I'm not
> sure.  Someone else can give a much better explanation of this.  The

Maui is just a fancy PBS client. It talks to pbs_server through the normal PBS
client API. It asks for all of the info with the various pbs_stat*() calls, it
changes jobs with pbs_alterjob() and runs them with pbs_runjob().

The only special thing about maui that makes it a "PBS scheduler" is that it
listens on PBS's scheduler inet port waiting for the signal to start a
scheduling iteration.

If the PBS client API is kerberbetized, then so has Maui.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!