[torqueusers] how is the torque renewal scripts supposed to work?

Andreas Davour davour at pdc.kth.se
Mon Jul 12 09:24:30 MDT 2010

On Monday, July 12, 2010 17:13:03 Alex Rolfe wrote:
> Andreas Davour <davour at pdc.kth.se> writes:
> > So that means that maui doesn't talk to the moms, just to the pbs_server,
> > which then talks to the moms?
>
> Correct.  Roughly, pbs_server dumps job and node information to maui and
> maui gives back the prioritized jobs (or job -> node mappings, I'm not
> sure.  Someone else can give a much better explanation of this.  The
> important bit is that the scheduler is separated out from the rest of
> the system to make it easy to implement).  The server then asks the moms
> to run the appropriate jobs.

Which means, I guess, that my problem lies in the "pbs_server dumps job and
node information to maui" procedure, since my maui logs say no jobs active
after every scheduling run. I do get files in $PBSHOME/server_priv/jobs but
nothing more happens.

Any suggestion on how to debug that?

--
Systems Engineer
PDC Center for High Performance Computing