[torqueusers] how is the torque renewal scripts supposed to work?

Andreas Davour davour at pdc.kth.se
Mon Jul 12 09:24:30 MDT 2010

On Monday, July 12, 2010 17:13:03 Alex Rolfe wrote:
> Andreas Davour <davour at pdc.kth.se> writes:
> > So that means that maui doesn't talk to the moms, just to the pbs_server,
> > which then talks to the moms?
> Correct.  Roughly, pbs_server dumps job and node information to maui and
> maui gives back the prioritized jobs (or job -> node mappings, I'm not
> sure.  Someone else can give a much better explanation of this.  The
> important bit is that the scheduler is separated out from the rest of
> the system to make it easy to implement).  The server then asks the moms
> to run the appropriate jobs.

Which means, I guess, that my problem lies in the "pbs_server dumps job and
node information to maui" procedure, since my maui logs say no jobs active
after every scheduling run. I do get files in $PBSHOME/server_priv/jobs but
nothing more happens.

Any suggestion on how to debug that?

Systems Engineer
PDC Center for High Performance Computing
CSC School of Computer Science and Communication
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: 087906658
"A satellite, an earring, and a dust bunny are what made America great!"