[torqueusers] how is the torque renewal scripts supposed to work?

Andreas Davour davour at pdc.kth.se
Mon Jul 12 07:26:02 MDT 2010

On Friday, July 09, 2010 17:37:58 Mike Coyne wrote:
> As i had mentioned in a previous reply i use russ alberts kstart package
> http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/ "or a slight derivision of
> it" to manage my kerberos server and client "job" tickets.
[snip]

That was more than I manage to digest in one go.

Let me see if I got this right.

The pbs_server and the pbs_mom need to be started with credentials. This means
I have to start them both (for the mom on every node) with this invocation?

$KINIT  -k -t $KEYTAB  $PRINCIPAL pbs_server|pbs_mom

and then do the same for maui and make sure they all are started in an
environment where KRB5CCNAME point to the same cache, or at least a cache
containing the same tickets?

/andreas

--
Systems Engineer
PDC Center for High Performance Computing