[torqueusers] pbs_server gssapi

Mike Coyne Mike.Coyne at PACCAR.com
Fri Jul 9 08:33:07 MDT 2010

On thing with maui is that with the gssapi torque it also needs to have a active credential, you might try to run it with http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/ k5start and the full USER at REALM needs to be a torque admin. Look in the maui logs . another thing to check is that it is linked and running with the same libtorque.so.. that torque is using ... try ldd maui .

-----Original Message-----
From: torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org on behalf of Andreas Davour
Sent: Fri 7/9/2010 3:02 AM
To: torqueusers at supercluster.org
Cc: Ekaterina Popova
Subject: Re: [torqueusers] pbs_server gssapi
On Wednesday 07 July 2010 14:16:10 Ekaterina Popova wrote:
> Andreas Davour <davour <at> pdc.kth.se> writes:
> > On Tuesday 06 July 2010 09:16:12 Ekaterina Popova wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Could you help me, please?
> > > I installed torque-2.5.0 with gssapi-branch. I can make qsub -I and
> > > qrun manually. But then I turn on maui, pbs_server crashes.
> > > Here is gdb output (I have not got any errors in pbs_server log):
> > > Starting program: /opt/pbs_tcl/sbin/pbs_server
> > > [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Have you tried it with 2.4.8 as well? I have been working with getting
> > that one to run (with heimdal) and would be very interested in how it
> > works with maui. I had hoped to get maui working tomorrow, since I still
> > had problems compiling it when I left the office today.
> >
> > /andreas
> Hello.
> Many thanks for your answer.
> I haven't tried it with 2.4.8. I don't know how to make it. I used usual
>  way for getting torque gssapi branch:
> mkdir /opt/torque_svn
> cd /opt/torque_svn
> git svn init svn://svn.clusterresources.com/torque/branches/gssapi
> git svn fetch
> The result is torque-2.5.0 with gssapi support. How to get torque-2.4.8
>  with gssapi support? I'would be very pleased if you explained me.

git svn!? You seem to be using more version control systems on one line than I
use in a week. Does that work? Amazing.

I downloaded the 2.4.8 tar ball and after that put the svn check out from last
week in that unpacked directory. Maybe that will give me 2.5.0 now. *shrug*

I did not have maui working, btw. My jobs never starts...

Systems Engineer
PDC Center for High Performance Computing
CSC School of Computer Science and Communication
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: 087906658
"A satellite, an earring, and a dust bunny are what made America great!"
torqueusers mailing list
torqueusers at supercluster.org