[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.5 beta is here!

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Fri Jul 2 12:13:08 MDT 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 at 12:51 -0000, David Beer wrote:

> We're pleased to announce that TORQUE 2.5 beta is ready for testing.

Some initial comments follow.  Note: I'm new to Torque/Moab so some of
these may be made without context known inside the torque community.

- The array job improvements are important and I'm looking forward to
testing/using them in our installation.  We are still in an early
stage of deployment so I can fairly easily update to this version (and
moab 5.4 at the same time).

- The top level of the .tar.gz file is "trunk" instead of the
torque-2.5-beta_0.20100702 (or similar).  I assume this will be
addressed prior to the final distribution file build.

- It built fine on our CentOS 5.4 system (no big surprise).

- torque-2.5-beta_0.20100702/src/resmom/start_exec.c seems to have a
lot of gratuitous white space change.  This looks like an important
file where changes need to be carefully reviewed.  These white space
changes make a change review difficult.  I have not seen enough code
in torque to see what tab/space indention conventions are in use, but
this white space change seems to inconsistent with other tab usage I
see in the torque sources.

- torque-2.5-beta_0.20100702/README.torque has a strange version
number regression.

For the Moab folks: Will there be similar changes in Moab?
Specifically consolidation of the array job list in showq would be
very helpful.  Array jobs with 300,000 instances can be very difficult
to view when listed individually.

Just some initial thoughts,
Stuart Barkley