[torqueusers] Special job for reboot

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat Jan 30 03:22:29 MST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 01:05:27 am Arnau Bria wrote:

> But is someone really doing reboot via torque? What are your steps when
> you need to reboot your farm?

At VPAC we did this through having a system user who would get a priority
boost via Moab's config which would submit jobs asking for
nodes=tango001:ppn=8 (for example) and then doing "sudo reboot" for instance.

Usually though we use our health check scripts to spot things like an out of
date kernel on the node and then it marks itself offline for manual
intervention.

cheers,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP