[torqueusers] Configuring Torque to reserve CPU's on a node.

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Sun Jan 24 17:44:44 MST 2010

Hi Roger,

If you were using maui or moab, you could set up a standing reservation for 4 (or 2) or the cores on the fastdisk node and make it only accessible from an appropriate queue (or class in maui terminology), say queue 'Bjobs'.  The Bjobs queue would still need to have a default neednodes=fastdisk and 2 job limit (or more appropriately a 2 proc limit).  You could make all these setting from within the scheduler. For example with moab I have:
## for io jobs in io queue
 CLASSCFG[io] DEFAULT.FEATURES=io
 SRCFG[io] NODEFEATURES=io
 SRCFG[io] PERIOD=WEEK DEPTH=1
 SRCFG[io] CLASSLIST=io
 SRCFG[io] HOSTLIST=.
 SRCFG[io] FLAGS=ACLOVERLAP,IGNSTATE
You'd need to add MAXPROC=4 (or 2!) to the CLASSCFG definition I think.  The sytax may be slightly different for maui.

Good luck,

Gareth