[torqueusers] RESOURCEMAXNOTDEFAULT code

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Jan 13 10:53:53 MST 2010

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the necessity of the RESOURCEMAXNOTDEFAULT code.  For those unfamiliar, this code applies queue resource_max values (or server resource_max values if the queue values don't exist) where the values aren't specified by default or in the job submission.

To me, this seems counter-intuitive.  Additionally, we have had a few users get very surprised by this "feature" in TORQUE, because they usually think that a resource_max would be a resource_max, and not a default.

Would anyone be opposed to changing this behavior so that by default, resource_max values are not defaults?  This would continue to be a configurable option, so nobody would lose functionality, but it would no longer be the default.

Thanks,

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing