[torqueusers] pbsd_init failed

Jan Dettmer jand at uvic.ca
Fri Jan 8 10:25:56 MST 2010

Thanks Joshua,

Correct, homathko is the name in the /var/spool/torque/server_priv/nodes
file and is also in the server_name file.

The name is also in the /etc/hosts file:
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       homathko
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX  homathko
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX  homathko.XXX.XXX

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Also, nslookup returns the correct name for the IP address and vice versa.

Any additional pointers would be great.
Thanks, Jan

--
Jan Dettmer, PhD
School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Victoria