[torqueusers] pbsd_init failed

Jan Dettmer jand at uvic.ca
Thu Jan 7 17:13:53 MST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to install torque 2.4.3 on a single workstation with 8
cores. It installed fine, I entered the name of the server into the
nodes file and then started a queue. When I restarted the server, I got
this error:
 >pbs_server
PBS_Server: LOG_ERROR::process_host_name_part, no valid IP addresses
found for 'homathko' - check name service
PBS_Server: LOG_ERROR::pbsd_init(setup_nodes), could not create node
"homathko", error = 15010
PBS_Server: LOG_ERROR::PBS_Server, pbsd_init failed

I am likely missing something obvious. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jan