[torqueusers] Interactive job issue

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Sun Feb 28 06:42:30 MST 2010

Hi,

I have an application that disconnects itself from the parent and
makes init as its parent process during startup.

I have modified torque's source so I am able to submit batch scripts
to interactive jobs too (--enable-shel-use-argv during compilation and
some changes to qsub.c), but this particular job is killed by MOM as
soon as it starts because MOM finds the application to have completed
when it changes its parent process to init and kills it.

I am planning on starting a different process in the same batch job
that will keep spinning until the original application actually quits.
Just wanted to know from other torque admins if this is the right way
to go about solving this.

Torque - 2.3.6

Thanks,
Prakash