[torqueusers] PBS in Cluster

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun Feb 28 00:31:41 MST 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 05:58:44 am Tim wrote:

> I guess the longer I specify, the longer my job will have to wait in queue
> before it can actually start to run?

Depends on the scheduler policies and how busy the system is but in my
experience yes that is the case.

> Once the job start running, will the specified long long walltime affect
> the priority of my job any more?

Not for any reason that I can think of, unless maybe with sites that use
suspend/resume, but I've never played with that so can't comment for definite.

cheers!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP