[torqueusers] feature request

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Thu Feb 25 20:40:18 MST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:01:27AM +1100, Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:
> We have a similar wrapper, also without much error checking - it assumes very simple ssh syntax only:
> > cat /tools/ascutils/bin/pbsssh
> #!/bin/bash
> usage="usage: $0 <node name> <command>"
> if [ $# -lt 2 ]
> then
>         echo $usage
>         exit
> fi
> node=$1
> shift
> pbsdsh -h $node $*

Gareth, have you gotten this to scale?  I've also been looking for a way to
trick HP-MPI (now Platform MPI) into using the PBS TM, but I have not been
able to get pbsdsh to scale beyond a couple of hundred nodes.  The Mother
Superior basically starts taking up 100% of a core and stops responding.
I'd like to be able to get it up to at least 1024 pbsdsh calls, and it
doesn't get even close.

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota