[torqueusers] sending mails with mail command

Greenseid, Joseph M (IS) Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com
Wed Feb 24 09:40:04 MST 2010

The server config I believe only apply to Torque emailing you about a job status, which you can specify with the PBS directives -M and -m.

A couple of suggestions to try.

1) Start an interactive torque job and run all the commands you want in that interactive session, walking through your script line by line.

2) Take the job script you have and substitute something else for the mail command (like run /bin/hostname instead), just to make sure the problem isn't with the job script itself.  If that quietly fails as well, it's not a mail problem, it's a script problem.

--Joe