[torqueusers] sending mails with mail command

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Wed Feb 24 09:19:51 MST 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to send an email with a torque job. Something as simple as:

#!/bin/bash
/bin/mail -s KAKA arnaubria at mydiomain.es < /arnaubria/kaka.txt

this works locally (if I log in a WN and I send the script, I get the
mail. kaka.txt is shared).

But when I send the job, the mail is never sent, I don't see any ref
to it in mail log, no errors (and $? is 0), nothing, simply it does
not send the mail.

I know it's very simple, but I've been fighting with this for an hour
and I don't see where the error is ... please, could someone give me a
hand?

Is torque skipping mail command for any reason?

I suppose # qmgr -c "p s"|grep mail
set server mail_from = adm
set server mail_domain = never

has nothing to do with this, am I right?

*I'll feel as a dumb when seeing the reply, but I had to ask cause I
have to know it!!

TIA,
Arnau