[torqueusers] job dieing immediately, 0 byte output file being produced

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:38:16 MST 2010

> Nothing showing any errors, the drives are not out of space on the
> server or the node.

Ok I take that back, the node was out of diskspace in / . A job had
filled up / by writing to /var/spool/torque/spool , i.e. where the .OU
file goes before it's cp'd to the person's output directory as
specified in the .pbs file .

Any quick ideas how to protect against this using settings in torque
or maui? I saw something about limiting disk usage...

Thanks,
Sabuj