[torqueusers] again: trouble on hp/ux 11i v2 itanium

Mike Coyne Mike.Coyne at PACCAR.com
Tue Feb 23 06:38:43 MST 2010

HI ,

I also ran into this issue you are describing  a while back , what I
found was a problem in pbs_log.c regarding time functions.

For some reason even though the headers are in place the time function
was getting broken, you may want to try this<pbs_log.diff> ,

 I also had some problems with strerror_r etc.  which you must have
already fixed, I attached what I did in misc.diff probably similar to
what you did as well..  When I compiled mine I used  CPPFLAGS="-Ae
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE" CC="cc +DD64"  and used the setenv from
libiberty.a

I hope I rembered enough to be of help

Mike Coyne

diff -Nrc torque_gss-2.4.3/src/lib/Liblog/pbs_log.c
torque_gss-2.4.3_ab/src/lib/Liblog/pbs_log.c

*** torque_gss-2.4.3/src/lib/Liblog/pbs_log.c      2009-11-11
09:39:19.000000000 -0600

--- torque_gss-2.4.3_ab/src/lib/Liblog/pbs_log.c 2009-12-15
12:21:39.000000000 -0600

***************

*** 165,171 ****

    char *pbuf)     /* O (minsize=1024) */

    {

!

    struct tm *ptm;

    struct tm  tmpPtm;

    time_t time_now;

--- 165,171 ----

    char *pbuf)     /* O (minsize=1024) */

    {

! extern struct tm *localtime_r(const time_t *timer, struct tm *result);

    struct tm *ptm;

    struct tm  tmpPtm;

    time_t time_now;