[torqueusers] prevent log deletion / jobs with no time limit

Vincent LIARD vincent.liard at scilab.org
Tue Feb 23 01:03:23 MST 2010

As far as I understand, my log was cleared again.

> > > 1) How to preserve torque logs forever ?
> > > (so that tracejob can be used on it any time)
> >
> > The default is to not delete anything. Just unset log_file_roll_depth.
>
> ok, I have done so and we'll see tomorrow if data is preserved.
> May I add, however, that before I set it to 30 it was not set at all and
> yet my logs were already deleted every day?
> Anyway, we'll see.

408 is a job I ran yesterday, for which I could get info from tracejob.
However, this morning:

$ tracejob 408
/var/lib/torque/server_priv/accounting/20100223: No such file or directory
/var/lib/torque/server_logs/20100223: No matching job records located
/var/lib/torque/mom_logs/20100223: No such file or directory
/var/lib/torque/sched_logs/20100223: No such file or directory

$ qmgr -c 'print server'
#
#
#
# Create and define queue batch
#
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server acl_hosts = torqueserver
set server acl_hosts += eccica
set server default_queue = batch
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = adm
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_check_rate = 150
set server tcp_timeout = 6
set server log_level = 7
set server next_job_number = 420

I can't see what I did wrong.
But, no doubt, there is something...
Do you have the slightest idea what the problem can be ?

--
Vincent LIARD
Ingénieur de développement