[torqueusers] sporadic scp failures

Jeff Anderson-Lee jonah at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 17 11:01:13 MST 2010

I'm getting sporadic failures when it tries to copy the results .ER and
.OU files back.  It is not 100% of the time, nor is is 100% consistent
on which hosts have problems.  Sometimes the same host will succeed for
one or both files and sometimes it will fail for both.

I'm wondering if this might have something to do with too many scp
requests showing up simultaneously and some sort of rate-limiting
happening.  Any suggestions on where I might look?  What I might tweak?
Is there some way to increase the default socket backlog, or that used
by inetd/sshd?

Thanks.

Jeff Anderson-Lee