[torqueusers] checkpointing and shared filesystem

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Mon Feb 15 10:15:26 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 15:48 +0100, Alexander Oltu wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We have setup where all pbs_mom's of all nodes have checkpoint
> directories on shared FS in the same folder. I wonder if torque can be
> configured to avoid scp coping from exec node to pbs_server during
> qhold and back from pbs_server to exec host when qrls. But just reuse
> same checkpoint file which is already on shared filesystem? Does such
> option already exist in torque?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex.

Thanks for bringing this subject up. I have also been looking for this
solution. Now how do the users use this feature?
Do they have to set some parameters into their submit script or on
the command line to qsub, or is it completely automatic?

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,