[torqueusers] Job Input Files

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Feb 11 11:55:35 MST 2010

We are interested in doing something a little more than staging-in files - we would go the next step and pipe the file to stdin. Since we know that doing this would include making major changes to TORQUE, we're interested in finding out if what is currently available is working for people.

----- "Garrick Staples" <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:26:33AM -0700, David Beer alleged:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are considering adding support for job input files in TORQUE. I'm
> wondering what work-arounds (if-any) are you all using to get input
> files to your jobs?
>
> Torque already has a stagein facility.
>
> These days, most sites have shared filesystems which makes
> stagein/stageout
> somewhat obsolete.
>
> Most users just read their files from their shared filesystem; perhaps
> making
> local copies in /tmp for faster access.
>
> --
> Garrick Staples, GNU/Linux HPCC SysAdmin
> University of Southern California
>
> Life is Good!

David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing