[torqueusers] trouble getting started -- jobs stuck in queue

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Feb 9 12:31:50 MST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 10:24:12AM -0800, Jeff Anderson-Lee alleged:
> I'm sure it's something simple.  For instance, on which nodes am I
> supposed to run pbs_mom and pbs_sched?  The head node?  The compute
> nodes?  Both??

The first question I was going to ask is if you started the scheduler.

The headnode has pbs_server and a scheduler. Torque comes with a sample fifo
scheduler called pbs_sched that you can run. Most sites eventually move to the
Maui (free) or Moab (non-free) schedulers.

The compute nodes run pbs_mom.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!