[torqueusers] Special job for reboot

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Wed Feb 3 04:52:05 MST 2010

Hi all,

I found a valid conf for doing so:

my user in ALL hosts as pbs server operator.
my user able to do reboot via sudoers

a script like:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/pbsnodes -o `hostname`
touch /tmp/kernel_update
sleep 50
sudo /sbin/reboot

and rc.local in each node like:

# cat /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local

if [ -e /tmp/kernel_update ]
then
	/usr/bin/pbsnodes -c `hostname`
	/bin/rm -f /tmp/kernel_update
fi

Max priority for my jobs, and submit like:

qsub -q $queue -l nodes=$node:ppn=$num_procs -N kernel_update /$PATH/kernel_update.sh

*kernel update is not done in this script. We do mange nodes with
puppet, and update is done there.

works fine in my test farm, let's wait for production bugs :-)

Any comment on this scenario will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Arnau