[torqueusers] PBS in Cluster

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Feb 1 15:19:42 MST 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 02:12:24PM -0800, Tim alleged:
> Thanks, Axel!
>
> Are you saying that if submit several background jobs, for better control of assignment of resources via PBS commands, better not to put them into a single PBS file and submit the file just once, but to put each job in different PBS files and submit the PBS files one by one?
>
> If yes, I think I do not need to put the jobs in background, since the reason I want to background them is because I have these several jobs in a single file and I want to run them in parallel instead of one start after another finishes.

It's always difficult to answer "better" questions. Everything has pros and
cons. You choose your own requirements and what method fits your needs.

Some of my users like multiple batch scripts, some like a single.
*shrug* I don't care either way.